Golf is probably the best game on the planet, because of the multitude of skills and behaviors that it trains and enhances
If you’re in business, there is no better game to play that will allow you to spend time chatting with and socializing with fellow business people, in your local area.
You learn a new skill, you practice and hone that skill, becoming better every time you play and you get to relax and spend time with people who can very well become your customers, your suppliers or maybe even in due course, when the circumstances are correct, even your business or investment partner.
In a game where honest score keeping and showing respect for your fellow golfers is sacrosanct, it certainly gives you an opportunity to get an insight into the character of your golfing partners, and frequently a good golfing buddy, can become a friend for life.
Do you know anyone who is into golfing? Whether you’re an obsessed golfer or you have a golf enthusiast in your life, you’re at the right place. And guess what? You stopped by at the right time. What a perfect timing! Now, hold your horses for we have some good news for you, the golf lover. First things first, though. Where do you get golfing ideas? Have you considered subscribing to golf magazines? If you haven’t, then this is the perfect time to do so. Look, here are our favorite golf magazines. We thought you’d be interested.
Golf is not just about swinging—it’s a lifestyle! A subscription to the golf digest magazine grants you access to the most widely-read publication. Here, you’ll learn tips on how to play, where to play, and what to play. If you need to become a better player, a discerning traveler, and a smarter consumer, golf digest magazine is your ultimate bet. With a mantra THINK YOUNG/PLAY HARD, this magazine will definitely make you a better golfer. It has basically everything you need.
Golfweek has been around for many years, so you’d expect it to have found its way into the hearts of golfers. With the best workforce employed to write magazine’s columns, you can rest assured that this magazine will not disappoint you. Golfweek will give you exclusive insights, insider reports, and in-depth information on the biggest stories, right on time. Apparently, this is the magazine that tackles what the other magazines can’t while providing comprehensive coverage of everything golf. Get your subscription today and experience the difference.
Since its inception in 1960, Golf Magazine has been helping golfers better their skills. This monthly publication provides instructions from the best golf teachers, who have compiled instructional guides and articles. And if you need some information on how to plan a golf trip, this publication got you covered. Golf Magazine is well renowned for its comprehensive gear reviews. And with its annual club test, sifting through many clubs to find what works best for you couldn’t get this simpler! Not to forget, this publication has taken care of the interests of golfers who want to play near home—it publishes reviews on local golf courses.
A subscription to one or all of the above Golf magazines is the best thing that you can ever do as a golfer. So, why not take this bold step? You will definitely love it, www.magazinekid.com is the place to be! Get a subscription from us.
Silsbee is a beautiful city in Texas. It is quite famous for the presence of a large number of quality golf courses. Many golfers come here to try out their skills. We asked our friends over at Classic Beaumont – car dealership in the Beaumont / Silsbee TX area what they though the best golf courses around were. They donate to many local golf tournaments so have a great perspective. According to them here are some of the best places to golf in the Silsbee area:
1. Wildwood Golf Course: This is one of the most beautiful 18 hole golf course you will find in the Silsbee area. It lies in the midst of the Big Thicket National Forest Preserve and is surrounded by different kinds of plants and trees on all its sides. The course is also quite challenging. The staff over there are extremely friendly and well trained. Right from the moment you arrive- they will make you feel at home.
2. Brentwood Country Club: Spread across a huge area, this is one of the biggest golf course you will find in the Silsbee region. Several lakes, palm trees and different kinds of plants have been constructed here to make this a unique golf course. All the sand traps and the other obstacles have been strategically placed, so that it suits all levels of golfers. You will also find a Pro Shop area, where you can buy different kinds of gears. You will also find a good restaurant here, which offers some amazing dishes.
3. Henry Homberg Golf Course: Surrounded by pine tress on all its sides, this golf course provides a very calm and relaxing atmosphere to its guests. It was built in the late 1930’s and since then has gone through lots of renovations, including the construction of a club house. Several tournaments are also organized here. The practice facilities are also great. They even have a driving range, which allows you to take 250 yard shots.
4. Bayou Din Golf Club: Jimmy Watcher originally designed this course. He is one of the most famous golf course designers and have designed some world class golf facilities. The club opened in 1959. It is a totally professional golf course with all the modern facilities. Several championships have been hosted here. The presence of two practice greens makes it more appealing to the golfers. You will also find a large clubhouse, which has a shop and some well equipped dressing rooms.
5. Belle Oaks Golf Club: The best part about this golf course is the beautiful scenery. This course remains open throughout the year and guests are also welcome here. However, this 18 hole course is really challenging and is only for experienced golfers. Some of the holes are quite tough, and the presence of several water hazards makes it even more challenging. You can also take the help of an in house professional, who will be able to guide you.
6. Idylwild Golf Club: It was originally a mineral lake, but Henry Ransom turned this into one of the most beautiful golf courses in Texas. The course is not very difficult, but is definitely not for amateurs. The presence of several water hazards makes it slightly tough. You will even find some alligators in the water bodies. Several events are organized here throughout the month.
Thanks again to Classic Beaumont for lending their expertise for this post. Make sure to follow Classic Beaumont on their Facebook page or Twitter feed where they highlight new & used car specials for the Beaumont TX area.
Many leading online income earners will accept that a big chunk of their proceeds comes from affiliate marketing. Such successful individuals will also tell you that choosing an affiliate program wisely is an important step if you want to make good cash marketing other people’s products. We asked Anne Fognano of Affiliate Management Solutions to recommend a few golf related affiliate programs for our readers that are interested in generating a little revenue from affilaite marketing. Continue reading to know more about the top 5 golf affiliate programs that Anne recommends:
1. Adams Golf: This golfing product supplier offers all the fundamental apparatuses and accessories at competitive prices. Ranging from complete sets to hybrids, Adams Golf has all that you need for an extraordinary on-field experience. As one of their affiliate marketers, all you need to do is to spread information about their top-quality products and enjoy awesome commissions for it. For further information, sign up with FlexOffers.com to learn more about the Adams Golf affiliate program now!
2. Austads Golf: If you don’t feel like joining Adams Golf affiliate program for some reason or other, then you should give Austads Golf a try. This is a family-owned golf products retailer and an authorized seller of premium golfing equipment since 1963. With a dedicated management and support team, the Austads Golf affiliate program promises you up to 7.5% flat commissions.
3. Carls Golfland: Carls Golfland is the ideal affiliate deal for individuals seeking quick commissions marketing a top-cadre company that already sold itself out there. Regardless of where you are, you can purchase all golfing paraphernalia from Carls Golfland webpages. These include golf bags, shoes, balls, and all kinds of sporting apparel. Listed on Merchant Hub, this group’s affiliate program is a remarkably lucrative advertising plan that sends your regular payouts via PayPal.
4. Golf Shoes Plus: As the name suggests, this incomparably well-reputed group is widely recognized for its golfing footwear – and something more! With outstanding products that include everyone’s unique taste, Golf Shoes Plus’ catalog features prime accessories such as men’s golf shoes, women’s golf shoes, and men’s skechers golf shoes. As one of their esteemed affiliates, your responsibility entails driving customers to GolfShoesPlus.com, where they can buy top-of-the-line golf shoes and other golfing accessories.
5. Callaway Golf: Unlike other affiliate programs that keep varying their commission structures every other month, Callaway Golf has cut itself a prestigious niche as one of the most honest marketing partnerships on the web. Slightly different from the other sites highlighted above, this company primarily supplies golf balls and golfing clubs. To become one of their affiliate marketers, you only need to spare a few minutes to complete a simple application form. This one-of-a-kind advertising offer guarantees you up to 6% commissions on purchases.
If you are interested in learning more about affiliate marketing we recommend you follow Affiliate Management Solutions on Twitter and LinkedIn, they are an experienced affiliate management company that provides custom packages to their merchant clients.
Jay Bruce Tournament is named after a keen baseball player who traversed the country attending competitions throughout the year. He influenced his family’s itinerary nearly all the time as he enthusiastically strove to watch key play-offs and also do his personal practice. Courtesy of this devoted golfing lover, the Bruces are said to not have a missed even a single game. In fact, Kellan, his older sister, is famed to have been the legendary golfer’s biggest admirer and cheerleader.
In 2010, the Jay Bruce Golf Benefit was unveiled for the express purpose of encouraging and extending support to young people with intellectual and developmental deficiencies. The main reason the charity largely targets intellectually and physically challenged kids is because Jay Bruce’s aforementioned sister, Kellan, fell under this underprivileged category. Within the few years that the fund has been in existence, it has helped pluck out many disadvantaged children from the forgotten sidelines and given them a fair chance to play golf like everyone else out there. The trust’s rapid success is mostly attributable to the untiring generosity of its many kind partners from within and beyond the state borders.
The Arc of greater Beaumont is one of the kindhearted benefactors who have seen the tournament through past six years. The sponsor is a local non-profit that promotes the success of physically and intellectually deprived young individuals such the popular Jay’s sister – Kellan. Besides this valued partnership, the organization also extends remarkable sponsorship to the Life Skills department at the West Brook High School – Kellan’s alma mater. This continued affiliation has seen many cognitively/developmentally affected kids develop amazing interest in playing golf.
As a way of lending further support to this worthy cause, the management invites big-hearted individuals to register their teams of 4 by paying a total of $400.00. To appropriate this kind of support to the benefit, you should visit the main webpage and sign up by completing a brief form. If you are alone and still would like to give your sponsorship, you may do so with just $100.00. The simple process is quite painless since you’ll be able to write and submit the whole registration details online.
If you do not wish to participate in any of the tournament’s games, you still may extend your support by directly offering a donation of your choice over the web. To do this, you only need to visit the main website donation page and give whatever you feel can take golf to a disadvantaged child out there. Still, there are a few other sponsorship options such as the Championship Package, the Home Run Package, and the Grand Slam Package. To get further information regarding the support options above, tour the main site and click on any category of interest. It’s through such small contributions from well-wishers from all over the map that have mad Jay Bruce Golf Tournament big sports charity the world knows today.
We ran into an area business man, Bryan Case from Classic Kia of Beaumont & Silsbee for his thoughts on the tournament, “Jay Bruce Golf Tournament is not only one of the most helpful and influential charities in South Texas, but also among the most life-changing voluntary organizations in the whole of the United States. It’s an inerasable testament of how an individual’s invincible passion can positively influence countless generations ever after”.
Golfers can reduce the longer holes on a course by hitting the longest drives possible. It will help you to boost your opportunities of posting a good score. In most cases, you will discover that experts usually hit tee shots about three hundred yards on average. The truth is that many professional golfers can hit it much farther than 300 yards. Golfers need focus and perseverance to strike it far down the fairway that kind of distance. It is important to always get as much club ahead speed in the entire process. Hitting a longer drive will require certain items such as golf glove, golf tees, and golf clubs. So keep reading if you are looking for some tips to get a longer drive and to up your golf game.
One of the best tips to have a longer drive is by making the best use of the driver. The primary function of the driver is to help golfers hit the ball straight, true and far. You can head to the practice range and hit a few buckets of balls to help you get more comfortable swinging the driver. You also want to make sure you have a driver that is the proper length and firmness to match your swing style. If you end up needing a new driver than be sure to grab the recent Golfsmith coupons and save some money when you go shopping.
The next important tip is to tee the ball. When carrying out this process, ensure that the ball is at address. At this point, the upper section of the driver’s face meets the ball at its center. As drivers get better and bigger ensure you have a sufficient tee to execute the task.
Trying a glove is one of the most effective tips for a longer drive. Most players often get a better grip from golf gloves. However, not all players like using the gloves. To get a feel of the best method to adopt, you can experiment with it both ways. Some like to use a glove on just one hand as well. With this simple approach, you will be able to determine the best method to hit your the ball and at the same have a better grip.
Now, you can address or manage the ball with a wide, balanced stance. It will help you to have full control of the club without any stress. This approach will also help you know the actual area where you’re swinging and hitting the ball frequently on the sweet spot.
You can play or practice for a straight shot. It can be achieved by making sure that your stance remains fully square and balanced. Try widening your stance if you are not balanced. A little draw or hook can perfectly add distance to your drives. Nevertheless, most golfers are better off hitting it straight.
With your left arm stiff, you can make a backswing. It helps you move your weight to the right leg. As you begin downswing move your weight back to the left. For the whole of the time, ensure to keep your eye on the ball. It is one of the best strategies that can be applied when planning to increase longer drive in golfing.
At setup below the left, you can right shoulder slightly. This technique will help to position you in catching the ball on the upswing. It will also help you to make use of the entire club’s loft.
You’re losing club-head distance and speed if you are hitting the ground with the club. Try to make appropriate adjustments to avoid hitting the ground. It is a fantastic idea to practice always. The more you practice, there is every possibility to become a professional at hitting the ball far. If you shorten your backswing to seventy-five percent of normal, there is every possibility to hit it straight. It helps to ensure that you are hitting the ball on the sweet spot. Nonetheless, you will have total control of the club by following this simple strategy. Extend your backswing back to the original spot when you feel comfortable hitting it straight. You will continue to hit the ball pure and retain extra power. A high-sailing drive typically remains in the air longer. It also carries farther than one hit on a low trajectory. For this reason, it is crucial to make use of a driver with substantial loft such as 13 degrees. You can give it a try now.
Here is a video that can show you some of the methods above more visually too.
When it comes to playing golf, there are certain techniques that you can do to become a better golfer. Just like in any sport, one thing you should know is that the more you practice on becoming a better golfer, the more likely you are to improve your game.
Let’s take a look at the following that can help better your golf game.
When putting your shots, it’s a good idea to have a good follow through on all of your shots. The problem with most putts is that most golfers slow down when following through, and this is something that you don’t want to do. Instead, accelerate on your follow through and ensure that you’re through stroke is longer than your backstroke.
2) Don’t Analyze Your Swing
You want to keep each shot as simple as possible. So don’t analyze your swing when playing golf. A good technique is to put your game plan on a sheet of paper and to view it each time before you make your swing.
3) Imagine the Ball Going Into the Hole
You want to visualize the ball going into the hole every time. This visualization is an excellent way to plot out your shot ahead while staying focused on the goal in mind. Simply imagine what you want the ball to do and then do it. Keep it simple.
4) Align the Club With the Hole
If you’re putting and need the ball to go into the hole, then you should align the golf club with the hole. You should align the club with where you want the ball to go so that you can get a straight shot every time. Seems obvious but many people miss putts because they start of not aligned properly.
It’s natural to be anxious and a little nervous on every golf swing. The key is to relax and calm down before you make your swings. Relax and take deep breaths through your nose. This relaxation tip will prove to be very valuable when you’re out on the golf course. Lastly, imagine the ball going into the hole. This will give you the confidence that you need to hit the ball well.
6) Focus on the Target
Instead of focusing on the ball, focus on the target. This is the best way to hit more putt shots and to get smooth strokes on the ball. Align the putter with the hole and square your feet and shoulders. This will allow you to get the focus on the shot that you need.
Balance is vital in any sport, but it’s especially important in the game of golf. Why? Balance helps you improve your swing by making it smooth and even. If you find that your swing is choppy or feels forced, you may need to focus more on balance. A good golf swing is even and fluid. Your swing should feel natural. Hitting shots or taking swings with your feet placed together improves your balance and gives you a good sense of the physics involved in the golf swing.
Changing your stance and your swing may be a bit awkward at first, but by putting your feet together, you can discover a lot about body mechanics about your swing. For instance, you may find that during your swing, your hips pull in a certain direction, causing the ball to follow the same path. By hitting the ball with a condensed base (feet together), you have a better sense of the weight and power of your club and how it can project the ball without much aid from your body.
Rhythm is also crucial when it comes to improving your golf game. You may have noticed that more and more golfers show up to the practice range wearing headphones. There a good reason for it! Listening to music allows your mind to operate somewhat subconsciously. Think about it. When you’re driving your car down the road and listening to music on the radio, do you consciously think about every move you need to make to drive? No. It happens because you know how to do it, and it’s instinctive. The same can be said about your golf game.
Instead of thinking about the mechanics of golf and how every single thing you do affects your game, let your mind listen to music instead. Don’t think about the components of your swing – play in your subconscious. It’s natural and will improve your game. Music can also help you set the tempo for your game. If you tend to have a slow swing, listen to some slow jazz; if your swing is fast, you might want to try some hard rock. Your ideal tempo as you swing is a matter of preference.