Silsbee is a beautiful city in Texas. It is quite famous for the presence of a large number of quality golf courses. Many golfers come here to try out their skills. We asked our friends over at Classic Beaumont – car dealership in the Beaumont / Silsbee TX area what they though the best golf courses around were. They donate to many local golf tournaments so have a great perspective. According to them here are some of the best places to golf in the Silsbee area:
1. Wildwood Golf Course: This is one of the most beautiful 18 hole golf course you will find in the Silsbee area. It lies in the midst of the Big Thicket National Forest Preserve and is surrounded by different kinds of plants and trees on all its sides. The course is also quite challenging. The staff over there are extremely friendly and well trained. Right from the moment you arrive- they will make you feel at home.
2. Brentwood Country Club: Spread across a huge area, this is one of the biggest golf course you will find in the Silsbee region. Several lakes, palm trees and different kinds of plants have been constructed here to make this a unique golf course. All the sand traps and the other obstacles have been strategically placed, so that it suits all levels of golfers. You will also find a Pro Shop area, where you can buy different kinds of gears. You will also find a good restaurant here, which offers some amazing dishes.
3. Henry Homberg Golf Course: Surrounded by pine tress on all its sides, this golf course provides a very calm and relaxing atmosphere to its guests. It was built in the late 1930’s and since then has gone through lots of renovations, including the construction of a club house. Several tournaments are also organized here. The practice facilities are also great. They even have a driving range, which allows you to take 250 yard shots.
4. Bayou Din Golf Club: Jimmy Watcher originally designed this course. He is one of the most famous golf course designers and have designed some world class golf facilities. The club opened in 1959. It is a totally professional golf course with all the modern facilities. Several championships have been hosted here. The presence of two practice greens makes it more appealing to the golfers. You will also find a large clubhouse, which has a shop and some well equipped dressing rooms.
5. Belle Oaks Golf Club: The best part about this golf course is the beautiful scenery. This course remains open throughout the year and guests are also welcome here. However, this 18 hole course is really challenging and is only for experienced golfers. Some of the holes are quite tough, and the presence of several water hazards makes it even more challenging. You can also take the help of an in house professional, who will be able to guide you.
6. Idylwild Golf Club: It was originally a mineral lake, but Henry Ransom turned this into one of the most beautiful golf courses in Texas. The course is not very difficult, but is definitely not for amateurs. The presence of several water hazards makes it slightly tough. You will even find some alligators in the water bodies. Several events are organized here throughout the month.
Thanks again to Classic Beaumont for lending their expertise for this post. Make sure to follow Classic Beaumont on their Facebook page or Twitter feed where they highlight new & used car specials for the Beaumont TX area.